Bacon Wrapped Grilled Peaches
If you haven’t tried fruit cooked over the fire, you’ll want to give it a shot after checking out the recipe below!
Summer nights call for a refreshing appetizer to add to your live-fire menu and it turns out, this grilled bacon-wrapped peach recipe is our new go-to.
Not too sweet, not too savory. This recipe pairs easily with any main course you’ve got and did we mention, only has four simple ingredients? Keep reading to find your new go-to summer dish.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
5 Medium Peaches
18 oz. of Bacon
80 Basil Leaves
1. Start a fire in your X Series fire pit and add the Outpost Grill.
2. Wash, peel, and cut the peaches into quarters or eighths (depending on the size).
3. Add a basil leaf to both sides of the peach and cocoon the slice with a half piece of bacon.
Live-Fire Cooking Pro Tip: Use toothpicks to secure the bacon onto the peach if it’s falling off.
4. After you’ve finished building your slices and the fire is roaring, adjust the Outpost Grill to low/medium heat (about 350°F).
5. Brush a thin layer of oil onto the grill grate and place the peaches on the grill. You want the temperature to be at a place that will slowly cook the bacon and prevent burning.
6. Flip the peaches throughout the cook making sure the bacon is getting cooked on every side.
7. Once the bacon is fully cooked, remove the peaches from the heat, drizzle with a generous amount of balsamic glaze, and you’re ready to serve!
Cook up this recipe the next time you find yourself around the fire and share it with us on Facebook and Instagram. Browse more delicious over-the-fire recipes here and get cookin’!