Cooking With Breeo: Blueberry Cobbler
If you’re looking for an over-the-fire dessert that will get you through the hot summer months, you’re in luck.
Big thanks to Corey V. for sharing this recipe with us on the Facebook Group. His mouthwatering treat caught our eye and we had to try it out (and has since become one of our go-to’s)!
Check out the video below with live-fire chef, Scott Garber, and the full recipe to follow.
What You’ll Need
4 cups Blueberries
1 cup White Sugar
½ cup Water
¼ cup Butter
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
¼ cup White Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Butter
1 cup Whole Milk
Nonstick Cooking Spray
Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Start a fire in your X Series fire pit and add the Kettle and Outpost Grill.
2. Preheat the kettle and melt a ¼ cup of butter in a separate dish by placing both on the grill grate over low heat.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, add the blueberries, sugar, and water. Stir the mixture until the sugar is incorporated with the liquids.
4. Remove the melted butter from the heat and stir it into the bowl making sure to use heat protectant gloves while handling the hot dish.
5. In a separate bowl, slowly add and whisk the flour into the milk to prevent clumping.
6. After the flour is incorporated with the milk, stir in the sugar, baking powder, salt, and softened butter.
Live-Fire Cooking Pro Tip: You can find out if your kettle is properly preheated when it steams after the lid is removed.
7. Coat the inside of the kettle with a thin layer of nonstick cooking spray and pour in the blueberry mixture.
8. Add the dough batter directly on top of the blueberries and put the lid back on the kettle.
9. Evenly place coals from the fire pit on the top of the kettle lid to bake the cobbler from the top and bottom.
10. Cook time will vary depending on the heat of the coals, so you'll want to check the cobbler every few minutes.
11. Once the dough has formed a golden-brown crust, remove the kettle from the heat, and let it rest.
12. Once the sugars have cooled slightly and settled, you’re ready to enjoy.
13. Serve with a side of ice cream and top it off with a touch of cinnamon!
Try this recipe if you’re looking for the perfect sweet bite to wrap up the night and let us know what you think of it. If you’ve got live-fire recipes you’d like featured on the blog, tag us on Instagram or share them with us on the Facebook Group. Happy live-fire cooking!