Cooking with Breeo: Over-the-Fire Easter Eggs
If you’re looking for an activity to get your family outside and around the fire then you’re in the right place. Fire up your Breeo setup, grab your ingredients, and gather the family for an around-the-fire event everyone can get excited about.
Watch the video below and keep scrolling for your guide to over-the-fire egg dyeing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Water - Room temperature and ice water.
Food Safe Dye - You can use store-bought egg dye or make your own with a few simple ingredients.
2. Add room temperature water to a pot and gently place the eggs in the water making sure they are fully submerged.
3. Place the eggs on your Outpost grill over high heat making sure to use heat-protectant gloves.
4. Once the water begins to boil, remove the pot from the fire pit and allow the eggs to cook in the hot water for an additional 12 minutes.
5. After the eggs are cooked, transfer them from the hot water to an ice bath until chilled.
6. Once the eggs are completely cool you're ready to start the dyeing process!
7. Set your colored eggs aside to dry and add them as a side to your meal or prepare them however you enjoy.
Add a twist to your holiday tradition or try this recipe in the summer months for an activity to get the whole family involved. Share your egg creations with us on Instagram and Facebook, we’d love to see it! Happy live-fire cooking!