Cooking With Breeo: Spice-Rubbed Salmon with Strawberry Salsa
If you’re looking for a new recipe for your fresh strawberries in the warmer months, we’ve got the one for you. We paired this spice-rubbed salmon with a delicious strawberry salsa to create a flavor bomb that will get you through the season.
To switch things up, we added an element to this dish for a new challenge to over-the-fire cooking - cedar planks. Not only does it add a unique challenge to the live-fire, but it also adds notes of cedar flavoring to your already delicious salmon. Watch the video below and keep scrolling to find the full recipe.
1.25 lbs. Salmon
2 ½ tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Ancho Chili Powder
½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
½ tsp. Salt
1 ½ cup Diced Strawberries
1 ½ tbsp. Diced Jalapeno
¼ cup Diced Red Onion
¼ cup Diced Fresh Cilantro
Salt to taste
1. Start a fire in your X Series fire pit and add the Outpost adjustable grill.
2. Mix the strawberries, jalapenos, red onions, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Allow the salsa to marinate while cooking the salmon.
3. Make a spice rub by mixing the brown sugar, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt.
4. Place the salmon onto a soaked cedar plank with the skin side facing down, and rub the spice mixture into the meat.
5. Place the cedar plank, with the salmon, on the Outpost grill over medium-high heat.
Live-Fire Cooking Pro Tip: Add tin foil over the salmon and cedar plank to get an even cook from the top down.
6. Once the salmon is fully cooked, take it off the grill, top it off with the strawberry salsa, and add a touch of lemon juice. Enjoy!
For Crispy Salmon
1. Cut ¼ inch deep slices into the back of your descaled salmon and sprinkle with salt and olive oil.
2. Flip the salmon, with the skin side facing down, and rub the spice mixture into the meat.
3. Place the salmon on the outpost grill, skin side down.
4. Once the skin has formed a crust, flip it onto a soaked cedar plank over heat until it is fully cooked.
5. Take the salmon off the heat, drizzle with lemon juice, and serve with a side of strawberry salsa.
There you have it! A deliciously refreshing salmon recipe you can keep as your go-to during the summer months. If you give this recipe a try, share it with us on Facebook and Instagram, we’d love to see it! Happy live-fire cooking!