Mac & Cheese
This recipe introduces a twist to your family-favorite mac & cheese recipe. We’ve all got that box of Kraft mac & cheese in the pantry or the family favorite we go to whenever the cravings hit, but in this recipe, we’re taking it up a notch. This over-the-fire mac & cheese introduces the twist you’ve been looking for.
When you make this mac & cheese at your next family night around the fire, we recommend pairing it with BBQ Short Ribs or you can keep it simple with hot dogs roasted on the Outpost™ Grill. Check out the recipe below and give it a try.
WHAT YOU NEED
½ lb. Elbow Macaroni
¼ cup Butter
¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Whole Milk
1 ½ cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
½ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Pepper
½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
¼ cup Sour Cream
1. Boil the macaroni in 5-6 cups of water until al dente.
Live-Fire Cooking Pro Tip: Boil the macaroni on a stove beforehand to make the cooking process fast and easy. If you’re up for the challenge, you can also cook them in a kettle over the fire.
2. Start your fire, add the Outpost Grill, and place a saucepan on the grill to preheat.
3. Melt the butter in the pan, stir in the flour, and cook the mixture for about 1 minute.
4. Add the heavy cream and milk to the saucepan and cook until it thickens and bubbles. Make sure to stir the mixture periodically.
5. Once the mixture is boiling, fold in the cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and sour cream.
6. Once the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is creamy, pour in the macaroni, give it a stir, and it’s ready to serve.
Give this over-the-fire mac and cheese recipe a try and share your success with the Breeo community on Facebook and Instagram, we love to see it. Happy cooking!