Miso and Turmeric Red Fish Taco
Recipe by Breeo Pro Team Member Sarah Glover
Gather ‘round and share the wild and natural flavors of Sarah Glover’s cooking with this fresh and creative taco dish. Sarah is an adventurous, outdoor, live-fire chef, and an inspirational member of our Pro Team. Here she blends ingredients from various cultures that layer on flavors and textures to create a seafood taco that will surprise and delight you and your friends.
We are always amazed by the ingenuity and passion Sarah puts into her recipes and we know you’ll feel the same. There are tacos and then there’s Sarah’s tacos… Check this recipe out and you’ll see what we mean.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
FISH TACO MARINADE
4 Red Fish fillets, or any firm white fish, scales and skin left on
1/2 cup miso paste
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon fresh turmeric or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
4 cloves of garlic grated or finely diced
Hand full of diced cilantro stalks
FISH TACO TOPPING
1/2 small purple cabbage
2 medium avocado sliced
2 Roma tomatoes diced
1/2 diced red onion
1/2 bunch Cilantro, longer stems removed
4 oz 1 cup Cotija cheese, grated
1 lime cut into 8 wedges to serve
Beans heated up
FISH TACO SAUCE
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Mayo
2 tablespoons lime juice from 1 medium lime
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
1. Light your fire and let it burn down for one hour, you want nice hot coals to cook over.
2. In a bowl, add the miso, sesame oil, turmeric, ginger, cilantro stalks, and garlic, and mix well to combine. Add the fish and coat well with the marinade. Let it sit in the fridge for a minimum of two hours.
3. Place the fish skin side down on the fire, cook for 10-15 minutes, then flip over and finish cooking for another 10 minutes. Serve right away off the grill.
4. Combine all taco sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
5. To serve the tacos, toast the corn tortillas on a large dry skillet or griddle over medium heat
6. To assemble, start with pieces of fish, then add remaining ingredients finishing with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze over tacos.