As the temps keep dropping, the fire pit becomes an inarguable essential while you're getting fresh air, but there’s one more thing you need to ensure you’ll stay warm inside and out.
This Mulled Cider recipe is one you’ll want to try this season. Add some whiskey or wine, or keep it non-alcoholic. Either way, this drink will hands-down keep you toasty by the fire.
What You’ll Need
½ gallon Fresh Apple Cider
3 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Sliced Orange
10 Allspice Berries
1 Whole Nutmeg
¼ cup Rum, Brandy, Whiskey, or Bourbon
1 cup Red Wine
1. Start a fire in your fire pit and add the Outpost Pole, Kettle Hook, and Kettle.
2. Once the kettle is warm, add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg and slowly toast.
3. Add the apple cider once the spices are lightly toasted and add the lid onto the kettle to warm up the cider.
4. After the spices have steeped and the apple cider is warm, stir in the alcohol of your choice. Feel free to add more or less alcohol to the kettle or individual servings based on preference.
Live-Fire Cooking Pro Tip: Make sure to add the alcohol at the end of the warming process so it doesn't cook off.
5. Once it reaches your desired temperature, add the orange slices and cranberries for the garnish, and you're ready to enjoy!
Give this recipe a try and let us know how it goes! Share it with the community on Instagram and Facebook, we love to see it. Happy live-fire cooking!