Turkey Stuffed Mini Pumpkins
If Autumn had a signature entrée, this just might be the dish. These mini-stuffed pumpkins are exploding with savory harvest flavors and are conveniently sized for each guest. You also can't beat the top-tier presentation that blends Fall colors and cooking over the fire. This recipe is the perfect way to level up your Fall dinner party menu—you'll want to serve these up to your guests asap.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
4 Small Sugar Pumpkins
4 tbsp. Olive Oil
Kosher Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 lb. Ground Turkey
6 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
1 cup Diced Carrots
1 cup Diced Yellow Onion
½ cup Diced Celery
2 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Sage
1 Stale French Baguette, cut into ½” cubes
1½ cups Chicken Stock
1½ cups Shredded Gruyère Cheese
1. Start a fire in your fire pit and add the Outpost Grill.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut off the top of the pumpkin—about 1 inch down from the stem—and use a spoon to remove all the seeds.
3. Rub a thin layer of olive oil in the pumpkins, season with salt and pepper, and begin roasting them over medium heat on the Outpost Grill. Cook until the ‘meat’ of the pumpkin is soft.
4. While the pumpkins are roasting, heat a cast iron skillet over the fire and add a dash of olive oil. Cook the ground turkey in the cast iron until brown and fully cooked—about five minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and place the turkey into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
5. Place the skillet back on the grill and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the carrots, onion, and celery, sauté until tender, and add to the mixing bowl with the turkey.
6. Add the bread cubes into the mixing bowl and give it a stir.
7. Places the skillet back on the grill and melt the remaining better. Add the sage and cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Pour the melted butter and chicken stock into the mixing bowl and toss with the other ingredients. Add a cup of the shredded cheese and give it another stir.
9. Fill the roasted pumpkins generously with the stuffing and top each pumpkin with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
10. Place the stuffed pumpkins back on the Outpost Grill over medium/low heat and cook for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starts bubbling.
11. Remove the pumpkins from the heat, serve immediately, and enjoy!
Give this recipe a try and show us your results on our Facebook Group and Instagram! Happy live-fire cooking!