Bacon-Wrapped Parmesan Onions
Few things sound (and taste) better than a side dish of melted parmesan cheese over grilled onions wrapped in bacon. Lucky for you, we included everything you need to know to cook up this dish in the recipe below.
Keep scrolling to find a mouthwatering side dish to add to your live-fire menu.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
2 Packages of Bacon
2 Large Onions
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups Beef Broth
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. Chopped Thyme
2. Place the bacon on the Outpost grill until partially cooked but still soft and pliable.
3. Peel the onions and chop them into 2-inch-thick slices and wrap them with the bacon slices.
4. Season the wrapped onions with salt and pepper.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and heavy cream and pour over the onions.
6. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the onions and cover the skillet with tin foil.
7. Place the cast iron onto the Outpost Grill and cook for about 30 minutes.
8. Once the onions are soft and the bacon is fully cooked, remove from the Outpost Grill, garnish with thyme, and enjoy!
This dish is a simple yet delicious recipe to add to your backyard cookouts this season. When you try this recipe, share it with us on Facebook and Instagram, we’d love to see your success. Happy live-fire cooking!